MORE™ Surface Care AntiEtch™
Our newest product is MORE™ Surface Care AntiEtch™ coating which will stop harmful acids from causing the surface of your marble or other natural stone to become dull and pitted. Why go to the trouble of marble etch removal just to leave your stone surfaces vulnerable to etching again?
MORE™ products are at the leading edge of natural stone care and, when applied by a specialist stone restoration contractor, can increase the longevity of your stone surfaces saving you money on costly repairs or replacements in the future.
What is “Marble Etching”?
Marble Etching is one of the most common forms of damage to marble products. Etching is where acidic or corrosive compounds eat away at the surface of the marble which results in dull spots and discoloration/staining. This cannot be restored without damaging the surface as stone restoration contractors will have to remove the top layer by sanding it down and re-polishing the surface. It’s not as simple as applying a marble etch remover, it is a very intensive process. However, deeper damage will not be removed by this marble sanding and repolishing and can ruin the character of the marble.
Most of this damage is caused by accidental spills, but a lot of damage is also caused by the use of improper cleaning products. Some examples of products and materials that can cause etching:
- Accidental spills of acidic liquids – fruit juices, carbonated drinks, wine, and
- Use of improper cleaning chemicals – Bleach and other abrasive cleaning products should never be used on marble surfaces as they will etch the surface of the stone.
- Cosmetic products – Facial cleansers, soaps and shampoos particularly citrus based, toothpaste.
- Embedded watermarks from cups and glasses (use a coaster)
- Pets – Urine or vomit from pets is highly acidic.
- Oils stains – Such as butter, cooking oil and other similar oil-based
There are varying levels of etching that can occur:
- Minor Etching – A loss of shine on the surface.
- Moderate Etching – A loss of shine and slight roughness on the surface.
- Severe Etching – A loss of shine, substantial roughness as well as visible cratering on the surface.
Etching is different from staining and cannot be prevented by even the best stone sealer.
How does the MORE™ Surface Care AntiEtch™ treatment help with etched marble surfaces?
While it is possible for stone restoration contractors to repair minor etching we believe it is better to prevent it from happening in the first place. This is where the MORE™ Surface Care AntiEtch™ treatment comes in. This cutting-edge solution bonds with the marble to form a durable, thin invisible coating that will stop caustic solutions from entering the marble surface, preventing future marble etching.
Key benefits of the solution:
- Stops acid staining and etching in marble and other natural stones.
- Clear finish.
- Can be applied on marble, limestone, onyx, travertine, concrete, and more.
- Can be applied to honed, polished, and even leather surfaces.
- Can be applied to vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Low odor during application.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Safe on food grade surfaces.
- Zero porosity – germs and bacteria have nowhere to grow.
- Will not crack or peel.
- Durable – 10 years expected wear.
MORE™ Surface Care AntiEtch™ is perfect for commercial applications where staining and etching may occur more frequently:
- And more…
Certified MORE™ Surface Care AntiEtch™ Technicians
Castles Home Service is the premier stone restoration contractor in the area certified by MORE™ Surface Care to install and warranty MORE™ Surface Care AntiEtch™. Call us today to learn more and schedule your consultation and installation!